a Helmholtz Initiative and Networking Fund Project.
“We aim to implement a sustainable e-infrastructure for coherent discovery, view, download and dissemination of aggregated content in the form of a Data Portal for German Marine Research”
The Marine Network for Integrated Data Access aims to provide a networked approach to access and mining of federated e-infrastructures together with a management strategy targeting its long-term sustainability. With MaNIDA’s network, we will create a new paradigm in respect to integration, harmonization and aggregation of various types of quality-controlled data and related data products.
- Primary focus will be given to data derived from nationally operated research and monitoring facilities (vessels, observatories, alert systems, etc).
- Related contextual content and publications will also become an integral part of the aggregation effort.
- For the community we will improve ingestion workflows, quality control and user support, thereby achieving substantial enhancements in the lifecycle management of marine scientific data.
- The creation of a data curation and customer support centre is planned as well as various workshops.
- Finally such procedures for data integration and aggregation will allow for novel combinations among data and data products.